The Mystery of the Kingdom Revealed
“To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables.” - (Mark 4:11)
Many aspects of the Kingdom of God seem counterintuitive. That is, until we study what Jesus said about the Kingdom and allow God to reveal its mysteries to us!
- The Kingdom of God is a joint effort. It is initiated by God, but it requires man’s cooperation. “The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground.” (Mark 4: 26) “I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.” (1 Cor 3:6) “For we are God’s fellow workers.”
(1 Cor 3:9) “They went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs.” (Mark 16:20)
- Kingdom power is activated by the Word being sown in good ground. When Jesus explained the Parable of the Sower in Mark 4, He said, “The sower sows the Word.” (1 Thess 2:13 Amp) “We (especially) thank God continually for this, that when you received the message of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of (mere) men, but as it truly is, the Word of God, which is effectively at work in you who believe (exercising its superhuman power in those who adhere to and trust in and rely on it.)”
- Kingdom living unlocks exponential increase. “It is like a mustard seed which, when it is sown on the ground, is smaller than all the seeds of the earth; but when it is sown, it grows up and becomes greater than all the herbs, and shoots out large branches, so that the birds of the air may nest under its shade.” (Mark 4:30-32) Kingdom living makes supernatural multiplication possible!
- Kingdom power defies limitation. The seed became a great tree even though it was only an herb. Everything produces after its own kind, but here we see an exception! It’s a demonstration of no-limit power!
Nothing is impossible with God! Kingdom growth overrides all mental, emotional, physical, and financial barriers. (Eph 3:20) “God is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we can ask or think, according to the power that works in us.”
- Kingdom growth is guaranteed but it’s not automatic. (Mark 4:26-29) Charles Finney said, “Revival is no more miraculous than a crop of wheat”. To him it was simply the result of applying proven Bible principles. Our job is to plant seeds and apply ourselves to the process. “Then Isaac sowed in that land and reaped in that year a hundred-fold, and the Lord blessed him. The man began to prosper, and continued prospering until he became very prosperous.” (Gen 26:12-13)
Kingdom greatness comes out of smallness. Kingdom power comes out of weakness, Kingdom blessing comes out of sacrifice. Who would think a great tree was hidden within that seed? Yet God can hide victory behind defeat, gain behind pain, the crown behind the cross, and even a great Spiritual Awakening behind a Covid 19 type pandemic. What has He hidden in you and prepared for you, that still hasn’t been revealed yet?
Yours for the Manifestation of His Kingdom, Power, and Glory forever!
Dr. George Hill,
Apostolic Founder and President, VCI