The Victory House Baja is a mission’s base in Ensenada, Mexico. The facility functions as a training ground for new mission teams and mission leaders as well as an excellent ministry ground that is close to home for those in North America. The Baja house offers accommodations and a full kitchen for the use of teams as well as offering Team leader training retreats and a huge amount of ministry opportunities. Here are a few of the opportunities currently available:
- Beach & Park Ministry
- Men’s Rehab Facility
- Seniors Ministry
- Day Care/Orphan Ministry
- Migrant Workers Camps
- And of course…. The worlds best TACO’S!!
Your prayers and support of the mission’s base are needed and appreciated. But more than anything… the harvest is great, but the workers are few! We need hands! Teams and individuals that are willing to come put in time ministering to those in need! If that’s you, why not contact us for information on teams that may be going that you could join. Or why not put a team together yourself and bring a team to Mexico. We guarantee that your life will be changed and so will the lives of all the people that you come into contact with.
How to Plan A Missions Trip
Victory Children’s Homes has many opportunities available for individuals and teams that want to volunteer or to plan a trip to visit one of our homes. Here are some simple steps on how to plan a trip with our organization:
- Check in with Head Office. Too many teams going to the same place end up being more of a burden than a blessing to the host nation. Always check your proposed trip with VCOCI Head Office or your Missions Rep for coordination.
- Select the team and team leader. A leader with maturity and missions experience can make all the difference. Team members also need to be spiritually prepared. You don’t want to have to spend valuable mission time ministering to your own team.
- Set a budget and begin to raise funds. Every team member must be prepared to pay their own way or raise funds from family and friends. If the church does fund-raising it should go towards a Mission Project, not the costs of team travel.
- Take the Victory Missions Course. The mandatory Victory Missions Course is available on DVD, online, and through live instructors. Wise leaders also put their team through a few team-building projects at home before departure.
- Travel arrangements. Appoint one person within the team to be the Coordinator. Funneling all the arrangements through one person avoids a lot of confusion and mix-ups!
- Be a blessing! The team should not expect the host country to shoulder any of the costs of their trip. You are there to lift, encourage, and add value to everyone you meet. Leave them wishing the next team will come soon.
- Bring home lots of memories! A short-term mission can be one of the most life-changing experiences you will ever have. Leave a good deposit in the nation you visit, and God will make a good deposit in you!