VICTORY DOES MISSIONS AT HOME & OVERSEAS!
We have opportunities for you!
Dear Victory Family,
Victory Churches International believes that it is just as important to reach out and help the poor and needy in other nations as it is to help those in our own backyard. Therefore we have many outreach programs available within Victory Churches to help those who need it in our own communities. This month we want to share with you what Victory Foundations is doing in Calgary, Alberta.
The Victory Foundation is committed to Calgary's working poor, citizens on fixed incomes, and people who live on the city's margins. Their goal is to put up a 'fence' in order to keep people from falling into the 'ditch' of homelessness. They offer a solution that serves the whole person. It is about meeting whatever physical, spiritual or mental needs an individual may have.
In order to accomplish this goal, they offer a wide variety of programs and network with other agencies that specialize in areas that they do not. In doing this, they help restore individual lives and help build a sense of community within the communities of Calgary.
Just a reminder about our new Monthly Missions Update format. Attached you will find our new Missions Bookmarks. These are a very useful tool to help keep missions as a focus in your daily life. Each month these bookmarks will feature a little information about one of the nations or programs that Victory Churches International has and will include a list of prayer requests and missions opportunities on the back.
We want to encourage you to print these on good quality paper, such as card-stock or photo-stock. Keep it in your Bible or on your fridge, somewhere visible so that you can remember to pray for the needs. With this new email format you can also email this missions update out to a congregation or anyone else you can think of that would benefit from the information contained within!
In This Issue:
In 1992 Victory Foundations was founded by Pastors Don & Colette Delaney in the downtown area of Calgary, AB. It started when they took over an abandoned church in Victoria Park and started a street church, offering food, clothing and acceptance for the homeless.
Their programs help to take struggling individuals from survival to stability and then on to success and significance. Due to the ever widening gap between the rich and poor, the need for urban missions in developed nations are more crucial than ever.
Presently the Foundation has 88 rooms for the homeless and is providing over 4000 meals monthly through a variety of outreach programs to Calgary's needy. We have two inner city Victory Churches at the heart of this ministry that are healthy and growing.
Pastors Tom & Louise Maxwell currently pastor the Victory Outreach Centre and Pastor Pat Dennis has been faithfully pastoring the Eastside Victory Church for the past 9 years. However, Pastor Pat will soon be leaving to follow God's plan for her life and will be moving to Kenya to help with our Victory Children's Home in Kisumu.
Pastor Don & Collette will be taking over the pastoral role at Eastside Victory and hope to raise up a leader to take over that position while still acting as Executive Director for the Victory Foundation, giving oversight and direction.
Right now they are planning the first ever Street Ministry Conference for April 2015 for those who feel called to inner city ministry. Here you can learn from Victory Pastors from various cities as they share success stories of their work with the needy in their communities. Be sure to watch for upcoming dates!
There are many ways that you can get involved and volunteer with Victory Foundations. Click here to go to their website where you can read testimonies from individual's lives that have been changed by Victory Foundations, read their Newsletters or find volunteer opportunities.
- Pray for Drs. George & Hazel Hill that they would receive protection, direction and inspiration as they lead this movement.
- Pray for P. Pat Dennis as she readies herself to move to Kenya. Pray that all of her paper work is approved and comes through quickly so that she can move on to this next adventure in her life.
- Pray for more people with a heart and a call for inner city ministry to be raised up and to expand the work that is already being done.
- Pray for continued favor for the Victory Foundation as they expand to meet the housing crisis in Calgary due to high rent. Especially for single moms.
- Visit one of our Victory Children's Homes! Touch the life of a child and experience transformation in your own life! Contact our missions office for mare information and for upcoming trips and missions opportunities.
- Visit the Victory Foundations Website for opportunities to get involved or to see how you can help support inner city ministry. Click here to go to the website.