“I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry.” (1 Timothy 1:12)
Keeping The Right Perspective Will Keep You In The Ministry
- Remember your calling and who called you.
“You did not choose Me, but I chose you” (John 15:16). You serve by divine appointment.
- Remember you are a co-laborer with God Himself!
"We then, as workers together with Him..." (2 Cor 6:1).
- Remember you are not alone. You are part of the greatest family on the face of the earth! (Eph 3:14-15; 1 Thes 3:2).
- Remember the rewards. (2 Tim 4:6-8).
“When the chief shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade way.” (1 Pet 5:4 )
Three Characteristics of Long-Term, Growing Ministries
- They are Obedient to God and His Word
“By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out.” (Heb 11:8). Beyond your obedience God has blessing and increase in mind.
“Whatever He (Jesus) tells you to do, do it.” (John 2:5). This scripture is the key to miracles and success!
- They are Pragmatic: Common Sense and Practical Wisdom along with Faith
- Faith and Wisdom are the power twins. Faith without wisdom can lead to presumption and foolishness. Wisdom without faith can become dry, riskless and boring. Together they work wonders.
- “Any enterprise is built by wise planning, becomes strong through common sense and profits wonderfully by keeping abreast of the facts.” (Prov 24:3-4 LB).
- They stick to programs and strategies that work. If it stops working, they stop doing it.
- They are Optimistic: This is a Mixture of Hope and Enthusiasm.
Positive thoughts and words create positive emotions. God is the God of hope. The Gospel message is full of hope! We can preach messages that build hope even in the worst of situations (Prov 12:25)
"Thanks be to God, who gives us the Victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Cor 15:57)
My prayer for you is that:
“The God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Rom 15:13)
Dr George Hill
Apostolic Founder and President of Victory Churches International