Spiritual sight is the ability to see what doesn't yet exist.
1 Kings 18:41-46 tells the story of how Elijah went to the top of Mt. Carmel after his contest with the prophets of Baal. While praying, he sent his servant to look for signs of rain. Only after looking seven times was the servant able to see what Elijah was seeing.
- Elijah heard what others didn't hear vs 41
- He saw what others didn't see vs 43-44
- He said what others didn't say vs 44
- He did what no one else could do vs 46
What has God enabled you to see that doesn't yet exist?
Three Keys To Spiritual Sight:
1. Faith. Your ability to see is determined by what you believe. What you believe determines what you expect and how you behave. (Heb 11:1) “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” (Ps 27:13) “I would have fainted, if I hadn't believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.” Our beliefs act as a filter on our vision.
2. Focus. What you focus on is what you will pursue. “One thing I have desired.” (Ps 27:4) “One thing is needed and Mary has chosen.” (Luke 10:42) “One thing I do.” (Phil 3:13) “I have made it my aim.” (Rom 15:20). The more you focus on something, the more it becomes embedded in your heart. (Eph 1:17-18) “The eyes of your understanding being enlightened.” From the Greek word 'photizo' - where we get our English word photograph from. The better the focus, the clearer the picture.
3. Favour. Favour opens your eyes to God-sized ideas. “Lift up your eyes now and look from the place where you are… for all the land which you see I give to you.” (Gen 13:14-15) God’s favour allows us to stand in a place where we can see further. “Lord open his eyes that he may see... for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” (2 Kings 6:15-18) The more you grow in God’s favour, the more he helps you see what others don’t.
Yours for getting the Elijah kind of results!
Dr George Hill
Apostolic Founder and President of Victory Churches International